Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lunch at Pelon's

Snuck out for a quick lunch at Pelon's Baja Grill on Pacific Avenue in Virginia Beach.  It iss one of those hole in the wall places that if you blink you will miss, but you will be sad you did.  It is ran by an old surfer and if it wasn't for the smell of the fish tacos you would swear you were in an old surf shop.  Virginia Beach use to be littered with these old beach local haunts but now they are few and far between.   


I had one of Pelon's famous fish tacos and one of the Carne Asada tacos.. it was a perfect combo. the Tacos are $2.75 a piece.  We also started with some Chips and Queso.  The chips were good with just the right amount of sal but for the $6.95 price tag I have had better Queso dip.   The only really bad thing I can say if you are from the South ... skip the sweet tea, not sure what is wrong with it but I can tell you it is not right.

Over all GREAT place to go for lunch and I will be going back for their $5 Margarita Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment